ATTENTION: Serving/Retired Employees of Government/Semi-Government Departments/Organizations and Local Bodies
An opportunity to serve the nation during leisure time with remuneration of Rs.12,000/-
Who is BLO ?
1. Booth Level Officer (BLO) is a Government/Semi Government/PSU/Local body
Official, familiar with the local electors and is residing in the same polling area.
The BLO is a representative of Election Commission of India at the polling station
2. The Election Commission of India vide 23/BLO/2006-PS-II dated 09.08.2006
has decided to have one Booth Level Officer to verify, scrutinize the voters' list
of each polling station in the country, with the specific objective of ensuring
purity of rolls for a free and fair election. A BLO will function as a custodian
of the Electoral Roll of the part (Polling Booth) assigned to him/her and make a
thorough study of the Electoral Roll, make frequent field visits, interact with
local people particularly elders and local representatives towards ensuring a healthy
and correct Electoral Roll.
3. He /She plays a pivotal role in maintaining an error-free and updated
electoral roll by collecting actual field information of the polling area (comprising
about 1500-1600 voters) assigned to him/her.
4. The BLOs are appointed under Section 13B(2) of the Representation of People
Act 1950 by the Electoral Registration Officer (ERO)after obtaining approval of
the District Election Officer (DEO).They are deemed to be on deputation to ECI under
Section 13CC of RPA act 1950.
5. BLOs are only be part time workers for election duty during their off-duty
hours or on holidays/vacations.
6. NCT of Delhi has at present 11763 polling stations and there is one BLO
in each of these Polling Stations. Now that the duties and responsibilities of the
BLOs are diversified, it has been decided that all the Polling Stations should have
BLOs who are willing to undertake responsibilities entrusted in respect of electoral
roll maintenance and other election related work, as directed by the Election Commission
of India. The work of a BLO will be in addition to the regular duties of the officer
in their parent department.
Who is eligible to apply?
The applicant volunteering to work as BLO should be:
1. A local resident and voter of the particular booth (polling station area)
to which he/she intends to serve as BLO.
2. A serving employee of Group ‘C’ or ‘B (non-gazetted) level of a Govt.
Department/Govt. undertaking/local body. Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ (gazette) level officers
may also apply.
3. Able to communicate through SMS and / or e-mail etc.
4. Retired Govt. servants can also be considered for appointment as BLO if
serving government servants are not available within that polling area.
Who is not eligible to apply?
1. Employees associated with security services, essential services, and
public utilities, etc need not apply.
2. He/She should not be an employee of the Financial/Banking Institutions/Courts
3. He/She should not be a member/worker/having any allegiance to any political
party in the state.
1. Fixed component is Rs. 12,000/- per annum for those BLOs who have only
one part (polling station) assigned to them.
2. They shall be provided with a Kit bag inscribed with ECI logo, a BLO’s
register in prescribed format copy of Electoral Roll on relevant part.
3. BLOs photo identity card and adequate stationery and requisite forms.
Duties and responsibilities:
1. Assisting eligible electors.
2. Providing different forms for addition, deletion and correction of Electoral
3. Conducting field verification of forms and submitting his/her report to
the ERO/AERO along with the form.
4. Interacting with the local people, BLAs of political parties etc. and
identification of expired/shifted/duplicate voters for removal for the Electoral
Roll after due process of law.
5. Distribution of voters slip.
6. Any other work pertaining to Electoral Roll assigned by the ERO/AERO.
7. To attend training for discharge of their duties imparted by the election
How to Apply:
1. Interested and eligible persons are requested to apply online at this
office website www.ceodelhi.gov.in.
2. Alternatively, the application form can be downloaded from the said website
and the duly filed up application sent by post/submitted in person to the Voter
Centre of the Assembly Constituency in which the applicant intends to serve as BLO.
The list of Voter Centres is available at our website www.ceodelhi.gov.in at link
"Know your Voter Centre".
3. For any query/assistance the applicants may contact ERO/AERO at Voter
Centre or Sh. Neeraj Dhawan, Election Officer (Admn.), Room NO. 22, CEO Office,
Kashmere Gate, Ph NO. 011-23965176.